Wednesday, February 16, 2011

live your dream

My day job puts me in contact with people all over the world. Literally.
I help people decide upon the details of custom metal products, like pins and coins, that my company makes. The interesting thing about this is seeing all the amazing businesses and volunteer organizations that want to express thanks and to show recognition in some tangible way - every day.

So one of my colleagues told me the other day about a young military officer he works with who, when asked how he's doing, always responds with: "Living the dream".

Wow. That really made me pause and ask myself, "Am I living the dream?" Which was closely followed by "Do I remember what the dream is?"

So I sat down and wrote out words I associate with THE DREAM: freedom, color, simple, curiosity, experience, discovery, travel, vibrancy, creativity, beauty, light.

Now I am setting about finding tangible everyday ways to experience each of these and more.

Because I may not have THE DREAM fully fleshed out, but with each piece I experience daily I am living it a moment at a time. And really isn't that what life comes to - a collection of moments strung together. Hopefully moments that fill in pieces of the dream.

Here's what I think: you deserve every good thing your mind can imagine and your heart can desire.

We all do.

What does it mean to live your dream?

Joann Tomsche 2/16/11

No comments:

Post a Comment