Monday, July 7, 2014

Eureka!

I met a wonderful man via online dating a few months ago.

Happiness.

Love.



Doug.



So, being the journaler that I am, I was flipping randomly through my journal the other night, and came across my entry from a few months before I met him detailing what I want in a relationship. Check and check. We've got it all.

Then I had an aha! moment about the correlation between my art career and online dating. Why am I not approaching it the same way, I wondered? Online dating feeds you all these leads that you can ignore or respond to. All these prospects you can chat with or delete. All these possible men to meet or decline. It takes work. It takes time. Sorry, but as I see it, it IS work. I've got a full, busy life. Yes, there is fun too, of course, but time is a precious commodity.

So my new approach to my art business is to put the time commitment that I previously applied to meeting Doug into meeting new retailers and venues for my art and reproductions. Getting to know them. Seeing if we are a good fit. I want to be spending my life making art equally as much as I wanted to meet a wonderful partner. And if I really mean that then doing the work to get me there is so worth the time and effort.

I'll keep you posted on how things proceed.
Meanwhile...

Make art and beauty daily!




No comments:

Post a Comment